It’s the second week in August and I guarantee you that teachers everywhere are already getting ready for another busy year with the kids. And even though we have a few lazy weeks left in August to enjoy it is time to start getting the kids excited about the upcoming school year. While the kids may moan and groan at the thought of going back to school, be assured that secretly they are feeling happy. Listed below are some tips to ensure an easy transition for all.
- Talk to your kids – encourage them to discuss areas of concern. Older kids may be concerned about social issues. As you reassure them, ask if they would like to hear your stories about what you experienced as a kid. Do not hesitate to embellish details for a laugh or a gawk.
- Together, set up the perfect study and homework place (click on this article for our suggestions: (Creating a Positive At-Home Reading Environment).
- Get your kids back into a routine that fits school schedules
- Review important information – cell phone numbers, etc.
- Plan a first day of school dinner celebration with family