READS Parent/Child Reading Comprehension System
This product includes:
- READS Parent’s Manual – Describes how to use READS with your child. Explains each component of READS, how to develop a dialog with your child about their reading and the meaning of each question card. To see the table of contents for the READS Parent’s Manual click on the image to the left.
- Question Cards and ring – 30 question cards designed to ensure your child’s focus on the reading material, help you determine if your child comprehended the material read and to develop your child’s critical thinking skills. Each card also contains a visual clue that matches the question on the card.
- Rewards Chart & Stickers – Kids love to track their progress and have tangible goals that are meaningful to them. The Rewards Chart and stickers help them do just that. The Parent’s Manual includes suggestions for rewards appropriate for elementary school children.
- Magic Finger and Reading Guide Strip - The Magic Finger helps your young reader track the text from word to word and prevents her from losing her place as she reads. The Reading Guide Strip highlights the line being read and blocks out the lines of text above and below to focus your child’s attention on one sentence at a time.
- Speedy Speller – Speedy Speller, a Handbook for Readers and Writers puts young writers in charge and provides them with their own spelling handbook that keeps growing. The Speedy Speller contains 1,400 words along with commonly used abbreviations, numbers, symbols, punctuation and more.
- Reusable Storage Pouch – A phthalate free vinyl pouch with a Velcro closure to store all of the components of READS .